There are many ways to enjoy policy discounts
- Extensive coverage and policies: Allstate offers insurance to protect homeowners’ homes and possessions, including a suite of optional coverages;
- Available in all states: Statewide homeowners insurance is available nationwide, which means it’s easy to find a policy that fits your needs no matter where you live in the US;
- Provide face-to-face and online customer service tools: Allstate offers a variety of methods of contact, including in-person, online, by phone, and through its mobile app;
- Agent experience varies: as Allstate employs a range of agents, customer service can vary, including factors such as responsiveness;
- Online quotes are not always available: in some postcodes, you cannot get a quote online, so you will need to contact the agent for more information;
Statewide Standard Home Insurance Plan
When you buy homeowners insurance with Allstate, rest assured that you are buying your underwriter through the insurance company. This may vary from state to state. Here’s what you’d like to include in their standard coverage:
Also known as “structural covering,” it protects elements of your home’s physical structure, such as the roof. This coverage also includes ancillary structures such as garages or solariums. In the event of damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, lightning, hail, and wind, Allstate will repair or replace the associated structure. This can also include additional living costs if your building is deemed uninhabitable until repairs are completed;
personal property insurance
This type of insurance protects you from the cost of replacing items in your homes, such as electronics, furniture, and other valuables. Allstate allows you to take the actual cash value, including the appraised amount if the item is damaged, and the replacement cost, including the cost of purchasing a new product of the same quality at the time of the claim;
Personal liability protection
This will help cover costs such as settlement and legal defense costs if you or your family members are sued for accidental property damage or injury;
Guest medical insurance
This part of your standard coverage will cover medical expenses if a guest is accidentally injured at or near your hotel. Covered medical expenses include ambulance, hospital stay, and surgery;
Statewide home insurance discounts
Allstate offers discounts on policies, even more than other national competitors like GEICO.
Homeowners can save on premiums by:
- Multiple Policy Discounts: If you bundle your auto and home insurance policies together, you can get up to 25% off.
- Easy Pay Plan Discount: Those who participate in Autopay will receive a 5% discount.
- Claim-Free Discount: If there are no recent home insurance claims at the time of switching to Allstate, policyholders can receive up to 20% off their premiums;
- Early Signing Discount: Register a policy with Allstate at least 7 days before the current policy expires and receive a 10% discount.
- Protective Device Discount: Homeowners will receive a discount if the home has a fire alarm, backup generator, burglar alarm system, or other qualified fire or theft device.
- 55 and Retirement Discounts: Discounts are available for retirees who are 55 and older.
- Homebuyer Discount: Recent homebuyers and those purchasing a new construction housing policy will receive a discount.
- Safe Home Discounts: Discounts available for hail-resistant roofs, wind-proof shutters, or smoke-free facilities;
Statewide home insurance availability
While statewide home insurance policies are available in all 50 states, not all coverage options, discounts, payment plans, and other features are available;
Statewide Customer Service
Allstate provides some ways to contact Homeowners Insurance Customer Service. Local agents can be reached by phone at various times, usually 24/7, but this depends on the individual agent, or you can contact the general hotline 24/7 at 800-676- 5456. You may also submit a claim through Allstate’s website contact form, app, or by calling 877-810-2920 by email;
How to File a Home Insurance Claim with Allstate
There are several ways to file a home insurance claim:
- Contact your local agent who will guide you through the next steps, including assessing your home and estimating damage and/or repairs
- If you do not have a dedicated agent, call a claims representative 24/7 at 877-810-2920
- Through Allstate’s mobile app, you can upload a photo of your claim
- Log in to your account online
Homeowners will receive a tracking number upon submission of a claim, which can be used for all claim-related communications and for tracking claims;
Statewide Home Insurance Cancellation Policy
Home insurance policies in all states may be canceled at any time. Please contact your agent to initiate a cancellation. You may be asked to submit a written request;
Other Insurance Offered by Allstate
In addition to homeowners insurance, you can get the following coverages from Allstate:
- car insurance
- renters insurance
- flood insurance
- roadside assistance
- term life insurance
- off-road vehicle insurance
- motorcycle insurance
- Jewelry Insurance
- business insurance
Get a Statewide Homeowners Insurance Quote
You can receive an initial quote online (this option may not be available in some regions) or contact your local Allstate agent, which you can find on Allstate’s insurance agent search page. The information you need to provide includes your full name, address, and phone number. You can also contact Customer Service at 800-667-4669 for assistance.
Finding a policy that meets your needs is all high considering that Allstate offers a large number of insurance options to homeowners across the country. Additionally, policyholders may find affordable options more than other major insurers due to the wide variety of discounts available. Keep in mind that individual policies, rates, payment plans, and discounts will vary by location and type of insurance. While it may take a while to receive a quote as you may need to contact a local agent, it’s still worth trying for homeowners who want a one-stop shop for their insurance needs.
Compare other home insurance reviews
Although Allstate offers many opportunities for discounts on home insurance, you may be able to get a lower price elsewhere. That’s why it’s crucial to shop and compare multiple home insurance companies to make sure you’re getting the best price for The insurance coverage you need.