Black Friday is here! For a few years, it has also become in Spain one of the key dates to take into account in the online marketing strategies of companies, since it is the starting gun for Christmas shopping and it is a few hours that companies can leverage to greatly increase your sales. Increasingly we notice the behaviour of users
More and more people are abandoning the traditional way of doing their shopping and in fact, there are studies that show that facing Black Friday, users actively spend more time looking for promotions online.
If you run an online business, we help you prepare “all the digital artillery” for Black Friday since, according to a digital, “companies with a specific campaign on Black Friday will invoice, on average, during the days of the campaign, 5.3% of your annual turnover. This all comes through an SEO Case study e-commerce.
1. BLACK FRIDAY STRATEGIES – MAKE EMAIL MARKETING ONE OF YOUR BEST ALLIES
On these dates, consumers are usually more receptive since they know in advance that all brands have interesting commercial proposals. According to Custora, 25.1% of sales during Black Friday are due to email marketing campaigns. Interesting right?
- Use an attractive subject: The subject of your email is key to the success of the campaign since it is the first thing that your target audience reads. In addition, your email will not be the only one that will be in the recipient’s inbox, if you do not attract their attention with a good subject, the results of the opening rate will worsen.
- Timing is everything: Create a calendar and start a week in advance without being heavy and with not so commercial emails for your clients, who will tend to open them.
- Segmentation: Create different campaigns for both your current customers (use a loyalty strategy for them) and potential ones (use, for example, a persuasion strategy with limited time offers).
2. BLACK FRIDAY STRATEGIES – TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE LANDING PAGE
The landing page is a vital element to highlight your most important offers and promotions. Highlight what is most representative and include messages that induce action.
It is recommended to have a section on the website with all the Black Friday promotions, so you will make it easier for them to search on the web.
3. BLACK FRIDAY STRATEGIES – PREPARE THE WEB
Remind your customers of your best offers through banners or pop-ups. You could even make changes, for example, to the subscription forms, making them special for Black Friday.
4. Do not forget the Mobile!
Having a web page that is attractive and usable is important, but whether its design is responsive or mobile-first is vital. Nowadays, most users carry out their searches through these devices and if the web page or the landing page is not adapted to these devices, users will close your page faster and convert worse.
5. BLACK FRIDAY STRATEGIES – CREATE URGENCY!
Customers can sometimes be very indecisive. Add a countdown timer to induce quick action, since most of the time they compare products with the competition before clicking the buy button.
This type of urgency strategy helps the most indecisive users and therefore improves conversion rates.
6. BLACK FRIDAY STRATEGIES – DON’T FORGET SOCIAL MEDIA!
Black Friday has to be very present on our social networks so that our followers know that we have interesting offers for them, and it is also one of the ways through which we can get new followers and potential customers, as well as have a positive impact on the brand image.