EEA Family Permit UK

EEA Family Permit UK

A non-EEA family member of an EEA national may be able to apply outside the UK for an EEA Family Permit to join their EEA family member in the UK if their EEA family member is exercising Treaty rights.

Or they may be able to apply to come to the UK with their EEA family member if their EEA family member is coming to the UK for the purpose of exercising Treaty rights.

There is no requirement to apply for an EEA Family Permit to enter the UK, it can, for example, be issued at the UK border.

However, applying for Family Permit in advance will simplify entry and avoid the conflict with the airline, where they may not allow a passenger to board the plane in the absence of a valid visa.

An EEA Family Permit is granted for a period of six months and the visa holder is entitled to work in the UK.

After arriving in the UK, a non-EEA national family member will have to prepare and submit the application for an EEA Residence Card, which will be issued for a period of 5 years. After 5 years the person may be eligible to apply for an EEA Permanent Residence in the UK.

Settled Status in the UK refers to the immigration status granted to eligible EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, as well as their family members, who were living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period (December 31, 2020). It allows individuals to continue living and working in the UK without any immigration restrictions. Settled Status is part of the UK government’s EU Settlement Scheme, which was introduced to protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members residing in the UK after Brexit. Once granted Settled Status, individuals are granted the right to stay indefinitely in the UK and enjoy various benefits and services.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK is an immigration status that grants an individual the right to live and work in the country without any time restrictions. ILR is also known as settlement or permanent residency. It allows individuals to stay in the UK for an indefinite period and provides them with a wide range of benefits, such as access to public funds, healthcare, and education.

Indefinite Leave to Remain is also known as settled status or permanent residency in the UK. ILR allows individuals to live in the UK indefinitely and enjoy the same rights and benefits as British citizens.

Spouse visa

A spouse visa in the UK, also known as a spouse visa / partner visa, is a type of visa that allows an individual to join their spouse or partner who is a British citizen or settled person in the UK. This visa category falls under the Family route of the UK immigration system.

The Spouse visa is designed for individuals who are married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen or settled person in the UK. It enables spouses to live, work, and study in the UK for an initial period of 30 months.

By Cary Grant

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts