- Handy comparison tool. Progressive’s HomeQuote Explorer makes it easy to compare homeowners’ insurance policies side-by-side. You just enter the required information once and it will print out some options at different prices.
- 24/7 customer service; there is no shortage of options for engaging with Progressive’s team: email, chat, phone, social media. It offers 24/7 customer service and a representative can be reached at any time of the day.
- Claims cannot be submitted directly to Progressive. While you can reach out to Progressive’s team to get the claim going, it’s ultimately the carrier you have the insurance policy that handles the claim.
- Policies and rates may vary widely. Because Progressive acts more like a middleman, working with the insurance company that covers it, it can be difficult to gauge your coverage and rates. Policies and interest rates may vary depending on where you live.
Progressive Standard Home Insurance Coverage Plan
When you hop on a home insurance plan through progressive coverage, you are buying the policy through a third-party insurance company. You can think of it as a middleman, comparing quotes and helping you get the right coverage, at a good price point. What about the downside? Prices vary depending on where you live. Also, you can’t pass progressive claims.
A standard homeowners insurance policy you can expect through progressive coverage includes:
This includes repairing or replacing damage to your house and any structures that are permanently attached to the garage, attached decks, chimneys, balconies, countertops, and more.
This includes the cost of compensating for damage to any structure not permanently attached to your home (such as a shed, fence, driveway, detached garage or deck or patio);
This insurance replaces or repairs stolen or damaged personal items. This usually includes electronics, tools, and clothing. It can also include items stored in the garage, storage room, or trunk. If you want to insure art, jewelry, or souvenirs, a supplementary policy or supplementary insurance is usually required.
Loss of use
If your residence becomes uninhabitable due to covered losses, you will be reimbursed for food costs such as hotel stay and takeaway meals.
If you or your family members are sued for third-party injury or damage to someone else’s property, personal liability coverage can cover legal representation fees, court fees, and certain losses.
This form of insurance can cover medical expenses if someone is injured on your property.
When determining rates, insurance providers typically consider the following factors:
- house type, age
- roof condition
- Whether protective devices are installed;
- how close are you to the fire station?
- if you have a wood-burning stove, swimming pool, or hot tub;
- dog bite history
- replacement cost
- credit history
- previous claims
When buying home insurance, be aware of the exclusions. Carefully comb through the details of the insurance policy.
Progressive Home Insurance Discounts
You can save on your homeowner’s insurance policy by doing the following:
- Bundling strategy: You can save an average of 12% by grouping your home insurance with a progressive auto insurance policy.
- Get a quote early: While this varies by state, you can save some money by getting a quote up to 10 days before your policy takes effect.
- Install security equipment and home maintenance systems: Save extra by installing security systems, smoke detectors, door latches, and sprinklers.
- New home purchase: if you just bought a home, rather than switching policies on your current home, this equates to a bigger discount;
- 12 months in one payment: If you pay in full 12 months in advance, you will receive additional net savings;
- Paperless reports. Choose to get a statement by email and you’ll get a discount on your home insurance policy.
- New home construction. New homes are eligible for greater discounts.
Progressive Home Insurance Availability
Progressive’s homeowner’s insurance is available in all 50 U.S. states. Types of insurance coverage, rates, and limitations may vary to some extent.
Other insurance offered by progressive insurance companies
Depending on where you live, you can also get the following types of coverage through progressive coverage:
- classic car
- electronic device
- home security
- Home Guarantee
- mobile home
- weddings and events
Progressive Customer Service
Progressive’s customer support representatives are available 24/7 via phone, chat, email, or social media. You can also access information at any time through the dashboard or app. Notably, Progress’s financial strength rating of A+ is the best from AM.
In 2019, Overall Progress received a total of 103 complaints, with a Complaint Index of 1.66 National Association of Commissioners Insurance (NAIC), which was higher than market expectations.
In terms of homeowners insurance, in 2019, Progress Insurance received a total of three consumer complaints about homeowners insurance policies. This is down from 9 in 2017.
Users can also contact their customer service team through its app. Progressive’s app is available on both iOS and Android. You can view policy information; view, share, and print ID cards; and pay premiums.
How to Use the Progressive Approach to Home Insurance Claims
The insurance company with which you have home insurance will handle your claim. Not sure how to contact them? Don’t worry, Progressive’s website has a handy list of phone numbers, or you can contact Progressive directly to connect you with the right person.
Have your insurance policy number on hand. When a third-party carrier processes a claim, Progressive is often your initial point of contact when submitting a claim. They will answer any of your questions, provide you with information, and provide you with the correct contact details.
After you file a claim, the insurance company will provide you with an estimate, pay you, and arrange home repairs for you.
Progressive Family Insurance Cancellation Policy
You can cancel or change carriers at any time. However, if you have an existing mortgage and cancel your home insurance without another plan in place, you may be running the risk that your lender will impose much higher coverage and premiums on you.
Get a Progressive Homeowners Insurance Quote
You can get homeowners insurance quotes online through Progressive’s HomeQuote Explorer tool. You will need to provide your address, personal information on how long you have owned the house, whether clients and customers have entered your house, the structure of the house, information on the interior and exterior, and details of the owner. You can get a quote by chatting with a service representative by phone at (844) 416-5371.
If you’re looking for an airline with nearly 80 years of experience in the insurance industry, Progressive could be a great option. It will collect offers from other suppliers and look for reasonable prices. Progressive Insurance is the first point of contact when you file a claim, but at the end of the day, the insurance company with your policy takes care of it.
Abc exchange is committed to providing consumers with an unbiased, comprehensive review of homeowners insurance providers. We reviewed each insurance provider’s coverage, available discounts, customer service, and satisfaction to ensure our content helps users make the right insurance decisions for their needs.